Being totally "Raw & Real" here....
I created this page to make it a bit easier for you when choosing Lingerie & when it comes to figuring out sizing.
MOST INMTPORTANT TIP:
BE REALISTIC ABOUT YOUR BODY TYPE AND SHOW OFF YOUR BEST ASSETS........
Like ANY clothing- NOT ALL LINGERIE IS CREATED EQUALLY & EVERY DESIGNER "CUTS" DIFFERENTLY!!!
In the US clothing industry, sizes 14 and above are typically considered “plus size.” Sassy Mama Lingerie works with designers who offer “STANDARD PLUS SIZES” that range from a size 14 to 20-22.
We have a limited range of “plus sizes” that start at a size 4X (22-24) to a size 6X (26-28).
When selecting your pieces, please ensure that you check your measurements against the size guides listed under each product.
TRUST ME... We strive to bring you the absolute most accurate in sizing. However, EVERY DESIGNER IS DIFFERENT (ex. what size you might take in a certain brand of jeans, you might be a diffrent size in another brand)... It's frustrating, and I GET IT!!!!
1. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE.....
"IF YOU ARE BETWEEN SIZES, GO UP A SIZE!"
- When buying Lingerie, think of it as purchasing a bathing suit- no matter what size you are in clothing, bathing suits will ALWAYS fit differently and you may need to "go up" in a size- Same thing with Lingerie..It will always fit differently than your normal every day to day clothing.
- If you are a size 4X or size 22 and above in clothing- more than likely a 3/4X in Lingerie will not be a comfortable fit. The best items for you will be in our 4-6X range or a body stocking always works-- and can be "ripped off" when things get HOT!!!
- If you are a size 4X (22 & UP) what quite a few of our clients will do is order a 3/4X Bra Set, take the panties to a seamstress and have them add extra material on the sides for a more comfortable fit. A bit of a "PAIN IN THE ASS" and I get it- I am DESPERATELY searching for sexy lingerie in the size range.
2. BRA SETS:
The whole idea when wearing a "Bra Set" is to give the illusion of "Spilling Out"....
"My Breasts are SO Voloptuous that this sexy bra cannot contain them!"
- Think back to those sexy pin-up girls & vintage illustrations that feature women wearing, "Sexy Little Bras or Corsets" their breasts are giving the illusion of "spilling out!" It's Sexy and it looks good.
- On a personal level, I'm a 36 DDD- the bras I wear for everyday are NOT CUTE!!!! The bra's I wear for "Sexy Time" with "D", I would damn near be arrested for the way my boobs hang out in them.
- Think of these types of bras as "embellishments" for your boobies.
3. BABYDOLLS & CHEMISES OR ANYTHING WITH A BUILT IN BRA:
I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS GIVE THIS ADVICE...
- UNLESS you have been "Surgically Enhanced" or your breasts sit perky & fabulously "high up" on your chest, you may need to wear a bra under.
- With myself, and as I stated above, I'm a 36 DDD & a lot of the time will wear a sexy push-up bra under a piece just to give the "girls" a little boost!
4. IT FITS PERFECTLY, BUT CANNOT CLOSE IT IN THE BACK
"I cannot get it to close around the back properly & a bigger size would be just too big!"
- EASY!!! What I reccomend and have used personally, is a BRA EXTENDER -these little things are a pure gift from above and work wonders.
A robe is a FABULOUS thing.
- The Love Lace Robe or Bellevue Wrap are FABULOUS and Sexy! IF you're "just not feeling it" you can tie the robes belt in the back and it will just "DRAPE YOUR CURVES"...
- Looks Sexy & Sliming..
Even if they are a pair of Stay-Up thigh high stockings- YOU CAN STILL WEAR THEM WITH A GARTER BELT
- Our GLAMORY BRAND & KIX'IES Thigh Highs will go ALL THE WAY UP and will cover any "bump" we may want to hide!!!
- Other tigh highs that we offer may not go "all the way up" but are equally as sexy!
- The brands that we offer: Pleaser & Ellie Shoes are a bit on the narrow side- IF YOU HAVE A WIDER FOOT- PLEASE GO UP A SIZE. I normally wear a size 9 with a somewhat wider foot- in these shoes, a size 10 fits perfectly
8. BODY TYPES
- If you HATE your booty, but love your boobies, then pick a style that will "cover" a bit on the bottom- A good example of these types pieces would be either a Chemise or a Babydoll.
- If you are more of a 4X and want some of the items that are in the 3/4X range, go with a style that has side ties or an item that will "tie" around the back. These items can be flexible with the sizing.
Those are the few that come to mind right now-- Knowing me, I'm sure that I will keep adding to this list of "Tips"
Should you have any questions, please feel free to email us at any time.